This year's festival explores "Our Local Heritage" and how the best of the past, coupled with the best of our present can create a vibrant, resilient and localized future.
We will achieve this by working collaboratively with the Haney Farmers Market, the Heritage Commission, local first nations groups, Parks and Leisure, and local neighborhood organizations.
Displays and activities will showcase local groups and organizations, highlight urban development, the past and future of transportation, vibrant local business, sustainable agriculture, and healthy environments through the lens of Our Heritage.
The festival will be filled with static and interactive displays, music, entertainment for the whole family, and much more. Visit Main Street (highlighting our heritage and the neighborhoods that make up our community), the Village Square (showcasing the GETI Action groups, community groups, and local sustainable businesses), The Artisan Village (local artisans and vendors), the Haney Farmers Market (food for our community), The Station (where we stroll through transportation, past, present, and future), and the Jade Dragon Pirates (pirates and more).
Reasons to come out to GETI Fest 2015
- Come out and meet your neighbors at the festival that highlights our community and where you will find something (fun and exciting) for the whole family.
- You will learn all about classic cars and electric cars at The Station
- Listen to fabulous, live, local entertainment on the Main Stage, from 10am till 3pm (in front of the ACT)
- check out the Artisan Village (many local artists and artisans)
- Learn about our "Local Heritage" in Main Street (organizations, businesses, First Nations, and much more, that shaped our community)
- Visit many local community groups and GETI Action Groups in the Village Square
- Hone your bike skills at the Bike Rodeo
- You can stock up on local produce and much more at the Haney Farmers Market.
- Relax, rejuvenate or reenergize in the Mind, Body, Spirit tent.
- Geo-caching contest put on by the Downtown Maple Ridge Business Improvement Association (BIA)
- Jade Dragon Pirates perform for kids of all ages.